SMI News - Rollins keeps Rolling!
John Rollins is on fire! On
Sunday, February 4th, John finished in second place at the
PGA TOUR’S FBR Open, his second #2 finish in three weeks! In
addition, this fourth top twenty-five finish in just 5 weeks propelled
“The Rocket” to first in FedEx Cup Points.
Floating on and off the leaderboard
Thursday through Sunday, John Rollins tied the best round of the week
on Sunday with an 8-under par 63. However, he was edged out by
Aaron Baddeley on the 17th hole, where Baddeley leapt to
7-under par for the day. According to Rollins, "You knew a lot of birdies were going to be
flying. The weather was perfect, the golf course has been fantastic
all week. You just knew you had to make a bunch of birdies."
Rollins’ other 2nd place finish in 2007 took place on January 21st, at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, when he was edged in a playoff by Charley Hoffman. His finish bumped him to 4th in FedEx Cup Standings Points. This past weekend’s finish promoted him further up the ladder to 1st place. See below the FedEx Cup Standings Points.
|Rank This Week||Rank Last Week||Player||Events||Points||Top 10s|
|3||1||Charles Howell III||4||5,152||2|
- Rollins' pro-am a hit in hometown of Richmond
- John Rollins Charity Golf Event A Huge Success!!
- Chip Sullivan Signs with Sports Management International, LC
- Power Rankings: Mercedes-Benz Championship
- Thanks to SMI - The Cure for Juvenile Diabetes
- Daniel Chopra Wins 2007 Ginn sur Mer Classic
- Daniel Chopra Mercedes Benz Championship Kapalua Winner
- Henrico County Manager Virgil Hazelett applauds the efforts of Henrico County Open staff
- Ted Brown Bags Victory at PGA-South on Gateway Tour!
- Nick Flanagan Wins 2007 Henrico County Open!
- Star Studded Field Prepared to Tee it Up In Glen Allen
- Uresti Wins Livermore Valley Wine Championship!
- Daniel Chopra makes cover of Asian Golf Monthly as "Big Breakthrough Golfer" for 2007
- Rollins keeps Rolling
- Rollins is edged in playoff at Bob Hope Chrysler Classic
- Daniel Chopra, The # 1 Putter on the PGA Tour, signs with Sports Management International
- John Rollins wins 2006 BC Open!
- Matt Kuchar wins 2006 Henrico County Open!
- PGA Tour star and Richmond native, John Rollins, directs significant contribution to local VCU Massey Cancer Center.
- PGA Tour wives give back to Virginia Home for Boys and Girls