SMI News - PGA Tour Wives give back to Virginia Home for Boys and Girls
Richmond, Virginia (Tuesday, January 10, 2006) ~ The PGA TOUR announced today that the PGA TOUR Wives Association has decided to make a Ten Thousand Dollar ($10,000.00) donation to Richmond's own Virginia Home for Boys and Girls (VHBG).
The PGA TOUR Wives Association was introduced to the Home in May of 2005 during the Henrico County Open Presented By Saxon Capital, Inc. (HCO), the Nationwide Tour event held annually at The Dominion Club in Glen Allen, VA. The Virginia Home for Boys and Girls also is the HCO's own charity and is the beneficiary of proceeds from the Tournament each year.
In May of 2005, while their husband's were preparing for the Henrico County Open Presented By Saxon Capital, Inc, the Nationwide Tour wives were taken on a tour of the Home. The Virginia Home for Boys and Girls provides residential care and supportive services to at-risk boys and girls. The Home provides five primary services: Residential Services, the John G. Wood School, Youth Emergency Shelter, Clinical Services (which include family services) and Pathfinder Independent Living Services. By meeting with residents Marco Harper, Chris Morgenroth, Mawut Dang and Felisha Feaster, the wives found out firsthand exactly how the facility is impacting the lives of its residents. So touched by the impact that the Home has on the community and the children, the Nationwide Tour Wives immediately made a special monetary donation, in addition to the most recent donation.
As a kick-off to 2006, The PGA TOUR wives met to review all the requests for donations from other worthy causes across the entire nation. The Virginia Home for Boys and Girls was chosen for this significant donation from among more than 60 other charities.
The Henrico County Open Presented By Saxon Capital, Inc. is very proud to have had their charity chosen for further donation. David Maraghy, Executive Director of the HCO, noted: "We are so pleased that we could be a part of this rewarding process. In addition to the financial assistance so generously provided by the TOUR wives, we were able to provide national exposure for the Home through a special feature shown on The Golf Channel, thereby reaching more than 60 million households across the United States".
About the Henrico County Open Presented By Saxon Capital, Inc.
The 10th Stop on the PGA TOUR's Nationwide Tour, The Henrico County Open Presented By Saxon Capital, Inc. represents the best in golf in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Henrico County Open boasts among its past champions many PGA TOUR stars such Mark Hensby, Daniel Chopra, and Chad Campbell to name a few. 'Honorary Tour Player' John Rollins is involved with the tournament as well, and will be attending 2006 Media Day at The Dominion Club on Monday, April 17, 2006. The Tournament will be televised on The Golf Channel for 4 days of live coverage to more than 60 million households across the US. Local promotions will air on WRIC TV 8, and broadcast in the region on Sports Radio 910 and WRVA. The tournament is administered by Sports Management International, a local event and player management agency.
- Rollins' pro-am a hit in hometown of Richmond
- John Rollins Charity Golf Event A Huge Success!!
- Chip Sullivan Signs with Sports Management International, LC
- Power Rankings: Mercedes-Benz Championship
- Thanks to SMI - The Cure for Juvenile Diabetes
- Daniel Chopra Wins 2007 Ginn sur Mer Classic
- Daniel Chopra Mercedes Benz Championship Kapalua Winner
- Henrico County Manager Virgil Hazelett applauds the efforts of Henrico County Open staff
- Ted Brown Bags Victory at PGA-South on Gateway Tour!
- Nick Flanagan Wins 2007 Henrico County Open!
- Star Studded Field Prepared to Tee it Up In Glen Allen
- Uresti Wins Livermore Valley Wine Championship!
- Daniel Chopra makes cover of Asian Golf Monthly as "Big Breakthrough Golfer" for 2007
- Rollins keeps Rolling
- Rollins is edged in playoff at Bob Hope Chrysler Classic
- Daniel Chopra, The # 1 Putter on the PGA Tour, signs with Sports Management International
- John Rollins wins 2006 BC Open!
- Matt Kuchar wins 2006 Henrico County Open!
- PGA Tour star and Richmond native, John Rollins, directs significant contribution to local VCU Massey Cancer Center.
- PGA Tour wives give back to Virginia Home for Boys and Girls